Monday, July 14, 2008

BACK IN THE DAYZ




So-

This will be OLD SCHOOL MONDAYS...or BACK IN THE DAY MONDAYZ...I have not decided- but i think it would be interesting and cool- not too much humbling and a little cool to see the kind of nonsense and craziness i use to come up with back in the day.

I opened up an old suitcase today and i bunch of oldness slithered out- and i went back down memory lane. It's been a hard week- and it's been a hard year.

With the opening shuffle of looking for a gig and a home and having to return to home twice to attend to hospitals and sick parents. Thankfully my Mom survived her ordeal and my father was not so lucky and lost his life about a month ago. Leaving all of us in the aftershock and trying to keep it together...Like back in the day.

Shit i will get real personal here. I had a hard childhood.I was poor as dirt. I was even homeless once.I was profiled.i have been shot at. Stuck up.beat up.Beat down.Discriminated. All i had was my imagination...Nobody could take that from me.

It was a way out of it i suppose.

Comics can fuck up your world man. Good and Bad ways. I would like to focus on the good for a moment...

I don't remember a lot about my childhood. I think it's because i block it out because it was mostly unpleasant. Wat i do remember usually stems from my love for comics. I remember how me and my best friend TuRae Gordon - who is a comedian now of all things- god love him...Use to buy old comics for like 10 cents or 25 cents in the backbins and cut them up and make "ACTION BUTTONS"

We would cut out certain panels that were dope like the one of Wolverine in that classic XMEN issue when he's down in the sewers going "Now it's my turn BUB!!!"

LOL. We'd see that shit for like a dollar. Did it for months until kids caught on to our hustle.

Anywayz...I found a good amount- i will date and name the works...

LEMMY (: Motorhead thing i was asked to draw up from an animation studio who was pitching this GODS of ROCK show to MTV back in the day. I do believe Ahmed Zappa was attached to this. I did 3 of these (and some other ones). The Gods of Rock consisted of Lemmy ,Rob Halford and Dio. Dio was an add on for Ozzy...Because apparently Ozzy was too busy being real world-ish to do the God of Rock thing. I remember when i got this gig.I was staying with my big Sis because i just moved out of my place with my ex-girlfriend because she was...BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP.

Censored because this is a blog not a laundry mat.

The year i do believe was 2001. don't quote me.

Anywayz...

OLD BILLY BASTARD-
I did this in a character and layout class for animation. This is teenage Billy-Rip and Running. Billy in four stages of life type of thing.I don't remember what i got as a grade...I think a "B"...not sure.

The year was 1999. Cue in Prince...Now.


and Finally- this is real old school...

WBD-
I still want to use this idea to this day. This is from a role playing game adventure actually. That is right...I was D&D all the way man. Loved it. But this is from sort of hybrid-game that I created. I like the coloring job i even did. This was almost 20 years ago.

1989 man. Crazy right? Insane.


Back in the day...I thought this stuff was the shit.Just like lemonheads.Intelevision Baseball.KeL-Leco handheld chumpies. SueFunDIP...and Step Ball.

Anybody want to play a game of One Two 3 Hold?

Feast.

M.

No comments: